Summers are full of nature’s bounties with beautiful flowers blooming outside, butterflies fluttering in the parks, and sunshine lighting up the world from dawn till dusk. It is that time of the year that gets everyone excited about outdoor hangouts with friends and loved ones.
There is so much you can do in the summer to make unforgettable memories. It’s the ideal time for exploring outdoor spaces in your area. You can plan a picnic at the beach or the park, go cycling with friends or simply go for a walk to soak up the summer sun.
If your house has a patio or a backyard, then building an outdoor oasis right inside your home is an opportunity not to be missed. This article explores Some Ideas For Creating The Perfect Outdoor Oasis For The Summer.
Transform Your Backyard Space Into an Outdoor Oasis for Summer
If you have any outdoor space in your house, such as a backyard or a patio, you can transform it into a beautiful, relaxing oasis. An outdoor oasis in the summer is ideal for friends and family to get together and have a good time.
You can arrange bbq parties, movie nights, a picnic, and even camping. You can use it to spend time alone and relax after a busy day at work. Following are some ideas for enhancing the outdoors for the summer:
1. Create spots for lounging
You can set up a comfy hammock between two trees and add a cushion to it. This would make a good spot to lay down and relax after a tiring day.
2. Add shade
At times, it can get too hot in the daytime and having some shade can make it more pleasant to enjoy the summer breeze without direct sunlight. You can install patio umbrellas or a fabric shade over your yard. Trees can be planted to provide shade. If you have a bigger space outside, you can install a gazebo or a pavilion, which serves as a permanent structure that provides shaded areas to sit and relax. These are also visually appealing.
3. Outdoor furniture
When it comes to outdoor furniture, there are endless options to choose from. An outdoor sitting lounge can be created by adding a comfortable couch, chairs, and a center table that creates a welcoming space for dinner parties.
Furniture available includes classic traditional wood, modern wrought iron or cast iron, and aluminum furniture. Newer materials for furniture and fabrics that are synthetic and weatherproof are available as well. Vintage benches can also be placed if you have a lawn.
4. Outdoor lighting
Outdoor lighting in your yard allows you to spend more time outside after sunset. The addition of warm landscape lighting enhances the look of your outdoor space and creates an ambient, relaxing atmosphere.
- For outdoor dining areas – The addition of fairy lights and battery-operated candles can create a beautiful atmosphere fit for entertaining guests and arranging a date night with your special someone. Fairy lights come in many different colors and designs. Wall-mounted lights can also be used to illuminate the area.
- For pathways and driveways – Solar lights offer a wireless, eco-friendly option for lighting up pathways.
- For outdoor kitchen – If you have a grill station, you will need appropriate task lighting to make it easier to cook at night.
5. Outdoor kitchen
Adding an outdoor kitchen can make it a lot easier for you to host outdoor dinner parties. An outdoor kitchen can include a basic countertop for preparing and handling food, a bbq pit, a sink, and a refrigerator.
6. Decorate your outdoor space
- Artistic décor – Create a personalized space by placing art, statues, garden décor items in your outdoor space. You can add a rug to the sitting area to make it extra cozy. In place of furniture, just a rug, a throw, and some cushions can create a comfy place to sit down or have a picnic.
- Firepit – A fire pit can serve as a central spot in your yard. Place some Adirondack chairs around the fire pit, hang fairy lights and arrange some s’mores to create a hangout spot for your friends.
- Add plants and flower pots – A beautiful lawn can improve the appearance of any outdoor space. Plants and flower pots can add color and greenery to your outdoor space.
- Water features – Water features are essential for transforming your backyard into the perfect summer oasis.
a) A fountain can be added as a central element in your backyard with the rest of the furniture arranged around it.
b) Above-ground pools are available in many different sizes and materials. These pools are portable and can be removed to free up space when they are not needed. Having a pool outdoors on hot summer days is perfect for cooling down.
c) Bubbling rocks enhance the visual appeal of your outdoor space and provide the calming sound of trickling water.
- Music – A relaxing outdoor oasis is incomplete without music and outdoor sound systems or wireless speakers can set the mood for outdoor bbq parties.
There are so many ways to enhance the appearance of your outdoor space and make it warm and relaxing. Having a backyard is an opportunity to create the perfect outdoor summer oasis where you can relax and spend time alone or with friends and family.
It is ideal to host dinner and BBQ parties in the relaxing outdoors. Also, it is best to make a plan before you begin transforming your backyard into a summer oasis. Once you decide if and where you want to set up a sitting area, a kitchen, lounging spots, water features, and décor, then you can begin organizing your outdoor oasis creatively.